Bellevue, the stately antebellum home, was built between 1852 and 1855 by Benjamin Harvey Hill for his wife, Caroline Holt Hill. It is a significant example of the “domesticated temple” form of Greek Revival-style architecture popular in the antebellum South. Many dignitaries, including Confederate President Jefferson Davis, were entertained there.
Located in historic downtown LaGrange, Georgia, Bellevue became the home of the LaGrange Woman’s Club in 1942 when the Fuller E. Callaway Foundation presented the home to the club. Bellevue is a National Historic Landmark.
Sun - Mon
Tue - Sat
10 AM - 1 PM , 2 PM - 5 PM
Free parking available behind the home.